Tuesday, October 27, 2009

one-eighty-six

In to my life swept up
Like dust do the morning streets
Wasn't concerned one could get the best of me
Stuck to hip is where I'd be
Before I'd known of departure
Maybe I was supposed to meet
On the day my friend and I had a feast of margaritas
Surrounded by our loved ones at the table
Maybe I was fancied
When asked to eat a bite of pizza,
(I had been too full of awe to say no...)
Attraction was merely challenge
Challenge and attraction began to dance
From one to five
From five to thirty
As and as we speckled the streets of the lower east side,
Admitted thought, one-
(too easy)
Admitted thought two-
(nervous laugh)
Easiest thing was saying hello
And maybe because after two
The phone rang
(fuck!)
Then voice was all I heard
Face was all I saw
(It has never been easy),
Thirty arrives
Passes quickly
Thirty one is gone
Why would I expect anything sort of proper?
(Hush)
I knew at twenty eight
Still walks about these streets
My Scumbag Streets
On twenty seven
On Twenty three
Nothing to see
But maybe
Maybe in
One-Eighty-Six.

No comments:

Post a Comment