Tuesday, October 27, 2009

delusions of granger.

Im gonna take those poor memories and rip ‘em up.
Throw them in the air like cheap confetti
Cause now im ready.
I think I’m ready.

Got no plans today. Today aint about planning…
I’m going to clack on the streets of Harlem
Tap dance my way to a destination
And I got no destination
But I know that’s better then what I had

Maybe I’ll take my top hat for a spin,
Cause I got no wheals
And I’ll spin it around my head
Smile at a stranger who’s been where
I’ve been

I’ll walk into a coffee shop and order
Something I’d never ordered
Like a tuna melt
But I gotta have extra pickles
I hope that’s okay with you…

I’m gonna flirt with the waitress
Her name’s Dasiy
She’s got a broken smile that needs fixing
And that just hits too close to home.
I’m gonna chat about the weather
She’s gonna tell me about being a single mother
Then I’ll eat
Surprisingly, I kinda like it

I’ll pay the bill by guessing its worth
Thrown a twenty on the table
And get back to the street
I can’t say goodbye
Today aint about endings

Off to the bookstore
Where I can’t figure out what I want to read
So I read the people around me
I’m pretty sure that one girl is horny
Or she’s got that one boy fooled
Sorta the prettiest things I saw all day
Or maybe I’m just a creep.

I pass this fortune teller
She tells me I’m gonna rule the world
And for 5 bucks,
When it will happen.
That’s when I know
It’s time to go home.

I given up giving
Now I’m about getting
Getting my shoes shined
And my shirt pressed.
I wanna impress
And for the first time,
Me.

No comments:

Post a Comment