Tuesday, October 27, 2009

broken shells.

my emotions were left buried at the bottom of the ocean
for longer than i had swam there
and have finally floated to the surface
who knows why now,
such gentle things have devoured the the rapid waves
waves we had once skipped as kids
but they now spread out like the broken shells
for the sand
for the commoner to pick up
and every shell is so uncommon
we are so uncommon

i miss you
and ask you my friend
do you feel lonely today?
as lonely as me,
as tired
as weak
you must feel what i feel
for we are the same.

oh how i hope you come back
thinking
loving
needing
and helping me pick up these broken shells

lets run to the pier
with buckets filled of them
and throw them back
where they belong
with the water
so we can skip the waves together again...

i love you.

-me.

No comments:

Post a Comment